Facebook

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Second Blogiversary!


Happy blogiversay to me! 
Happy blogiversary to me!
Happy second blogiversary,
Happy blogiversary to me!!!!

Today, on the second anniversary of Into the LIGHT, I've decided to give myself, and the genealogy blogging community a gift! :)  Just moments ago, I wrote the inaugural post for my new blog, Genea-Related!  I hope that all of my readers will visit my new blog, which, as its name implies, is  forum and a platform for all things related to genealogy!  Please click here to learn more!

Thanks to all of my readers for sticking with Into the LIGHT for whatever portion of the two years you've been reading.  I know that my posts have been sparse over the past year, especially recently, but I hope to do better. Without going into it, I want to share that I've been deeply affected by a negative experience I had here, over a year ago, and it has made me a little less than enthusiatic about posting, even though I often really, really want to.  However, as I continue to heal from this experience, I feel myself coming back, and I'm sure that the work I'll put into Genea-Related, will help to speed the process along.

In the end, what's most important is that I continue my research, and I have done that.  However, some of the discoveries I've made have also contibuted to my lack of posts, as I've had to deal with feelings that were completely unexpected as I've learned more and more about parts of my ancestry which, just a couple of years ago, I knew nothing about, as well as with the frustration of not finding anything out about those of my ancestors whom I was aware of, and who are the main subjects of my research.  Still, I won't give up, and I'm constantly inspired by all of you whose blogs I read daily, and who I follow on Twitter each day.

Again, I thank you for reading, and wish you blessings, always.

Renate

*Cake photo courtesy of clker.com

7 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! Looking forward to posts on both of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Second Blogoversary - I'll be following both blogs with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies, for the well-wishes! I appreciate your support! :)

    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so far behind in reading. Happy belated blogiversary! Have enjoyed reading and catching up. :-)

    ReplyDelete