Facebook

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Roots Television - Where Have I Been?

At this moment, I'm just sitting here shaking my head.  Where have I been?  I've been seeing fellow bloggers and tweeters making mention of Roots Television for as long as I've been a member of this community, but for some reason, I have never clicked on one of the links to this amazing resource for genealogists and family historians!  That is, never before today. 

I've just viewed two segments of the "Ancestors Series", and I'm just amazed at how well-done these videos are, and how well they explain the feelings and experiences that I've had as an African-American researcher.  For me, the videos didn't offer a lot of new information, but I can see where they would be of great help to a beginning researcher.  I can image that once I watch some of the other segments on the site, I will certainly find information that will help me, too. 

So now, with my "tail between my legs", I'd like to take this opportunity to share the first two segments of the "Ancestors Series" on Roots Television with my readers.  I plan to include these in my next "Family News" email update - the newsletter that I send out to my family members, each month.  I think that if they will take the time to view these videos, many of my relatives will gain a better understanding of the work I'm doing, and the critical role that they can play in helping to enhance the research!
If you are a "newbie", don't miss this opportunity to expose yourself to a fabulous source of guidance for the African-American genealogy researcher!













Enjoy!
Renate

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat! This is the first time I have seen these. I just finished watching the first one and I can so identify when they are talking! Thanks for watching and passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't visit there site nearly enough, I love Roots Television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renate,
    "Where have I been?" You had me Cra cking Up!

    Now that I've finished laughing... You should know that you're still an example for us all to follow. A monthly newsletter. I was thinking an annual one. But I wonder who would read it.

    Well, some might. A couple who might be snooping to try figuring out, just how much time does she spend doing this genealogy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin - I'm surprised, but GLAD to have company. I guess I can change that to, "Where have WE been!"

    Darlene, you're funny! Trust - the percentage of my family members who are actually reading the monthly email is very, very low. Even if they are reading it, almost NO ONE ever responds, and despite my monthly plea for family stories and/or PICTURES, only one relative has ever sent me anything. Oh, well... onward and upward. I just keep reminding myself that this is all about The Ancestors!

    Renate

    ReplyDelete