Facebook

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Revival

Wow... After a short bit of a research "hiatus", I'm newly inspired by this whole new world of BLOGS that I've opened myself up to. Admittedly, it's been my own fault. As mentioned already, I kept myself out of the blogosphere, and never really opened my mind to its possibilities. Now, having been here for less than 24 hours, I've found this to be a true jewel. Not only is it interesting just to read the blogs of other researchers and to get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that others are sharing my experiences, but I've LEARNED so much! Mostly, this has come from clicking on links that others have included in their blogs and on their pages. Before yesterday, I thought I knew of almost all of the resources that are out there for African-American researchers, but.... NOT! I've been exposed to a whole new world of websites that will inevitably assist me in my work!
Something happened this morning that I'm sure most researchers reading this can/will relate to, but for me, it hasn't happened in several months. I woke up at 3:15 a.m., bright-eyed and bushy tailed (lol), turned on the laptop, and got to work on my research. I'm now planning a quick, impromtu roadtrip to NC to visit the Franklin County Courthouse and a couple of cemeteries so I can tie up some loose ends and take a few more pictures. I'm extra excited about doing this right away since I have a nice loaner car (while mine is in the shop) that I can put the miles on, rather than adding to my own.
My hiatus is over. Full speed ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm so proud of you & you new blog!:-)

    Luckie.
    www.OurGeorgiaRoots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, NadaSue! Welcome to the blogosphere! I've only been a part of the geneablogging community since January of this year, but it truly has been a JEWEL. I know my fiance gets tired of hearing about my joys and frustrations about my research, so it's nice to have a community of people to share all the joys and frustrations. To top it off, I've also had at least two distant cousins contact me because they found my blog during a Google search. So, WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete